- 6 fresh baby artichokes
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 1/2 lb konjac glucomannan pasta
- 1/2 c tomato juice
- 2 TB olive oil Juice of one lemon
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 3 TB fresh parsley
- 3 TB fresh basil -- or 1 tsp. dried
- 1/2 ts salt
- 1/4 ts black pepper
- 1/2 c fresh tomato -- chopped
- 1/2 c olives -- Kalamata
- 2 TB capers
- 1/2 c feta cheese -- optional
- Cut stems off artichokes. Peel off tough outer leaves to reveal yellow-green hearts. Cut artichokes into quarters. Combine 1/4 cup lemon juice with 2 cups water in a medium bowl. Add artichokes to lemon water and toss to prevent discoloration. Drain. Steam artichokes until tender, about 20 minutes. chill.
- In a large pot, drain and rinse konjac pasta with cold water.
- To make salad dressing: combine tomato juice, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, basil, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender and puree for 30 seconds.
- Toss together artichokes, konjac pasta, capers, olives and feta cheese in a large bowl salad bowl. Pour dressing over and toss well.
Thin, translucent, gelatinous noodles made from the soluble fiber konjac glucomannan, have no discernable taste but absorb the dominant flavors of the soup or dish to which they're added.
Konjac wet foods was made by nature soluble fiber - glucomannan and water, have zero net carb, is very low glycemic nature food, which contain about 96% water and 4% soluble fiber.
Konjac foods have no discernable taste but absorb the dominant flavors of the soup or dish to which they're added.
They are very much like cellophane or bean thread noodles in taste and texture BUT they have no net carbs or calories.
Konjac foods is kind of instant foods, you can eat as salad with your favored dressing.
Konjac wet foods can be made into many different styles and shapes, like thin noodles, tube pasta, flat pasta, mini pearl pasta and also tofu pasta available on the market.
Konjac foods was made by pure soluble fiber glucomannan and water only, no calories, no net carb, no fat, no protein, no gluten and wheat free, is very low glycemic nature food.
Storage: at room temperature or refrigerator (avoid freezing)